For various reasons, food is good business and seems to be one of the favorite options for entrepreneurs to set up their own company.
However many people think that just having good taste in the kitchen or know how to prepare good drinks to start a business of this kind.
And that’s probably the first mistake by which 50% of food companies close before the end of the first year. Today we will offer you a list of at least 20 food business ideas and some important suggestions to build it successfully
20 Food Business Ideas
- Sale of snacks and spare parts: The modality can be from your home distributing in shops and offices nearby or renting a small space in some busy area where you can offer them to those who pass by.
- Preparation of cakes by order: If the pastry is your specialty, you can offer the preparation of cakes for special occasions designed to measure.
- Preparation of snacks or snacks: Ideal for special events like weddings, baptisms, anniversaries and any kind of special event. You can prepare a menu to choose from different delicious options.
- Ceviche: Ceviches are often one of the favorite foods of many people and when a ceviche is very well prepared, they can charge very well. You can offer them from your home (by request) or occasionally hire some space to offer them, especially on weekends.
- Preparation of cooking recipes: You can write them and design a website on the Internet to sell or share them and charge for advertising.
- Cooking lessons: If in addition to having great taste to cook you have skills to convey your knowledge you can offer cooking courses and even a variant would be to focus directly on courses for newly married wives. It is enough to prepare your house and ask your students the ingredients according to the classes to be taught.
- Cafeteria: A cafeteria is a more formal business involving the hiring of a local, furniture and the attendance of some employee (s). If you have the capital and a good business plan, you can consider setting up your own cafeteria to offer diversity of dishes focused on a popular level of consumption.
- Restaurant: If your investment capacity is greater and your culinary knowledge accompanies you, opening a restaurant is an excellent option to offer diversity of dishes to taste. Some variants may be focusing on a specific line of foods such as pastas, barbecues, pizza, etc. Or a restaurant with a variety of dishes. Here you can see a video course on how to open your restaurant.
- Ice cream shop: Whether you develop your own ice cream manufacturing system or buy ice cream, this is a very attractive option that can represent interesting income. You can see our ice cream business plan here.
- Preparation of dietary dishes: Many people today are looking for dietary choices to consume. Whether for medical health requirements or because they want to lose weight, offering an alternative with low-fat dishes can be a good business.
- Pizza: Pizza is the favorite food of children and many adults. Whether it’s portion-wise or whole-sale, pizzas are always in high demand and best if it’s offered hot, with good flavor and at a good price.
- Roasted chicken: On weekends, it is ideal for a quick lunch a roasted chicken at a good price. You can buy a rotisserie machine and offer whole chickens or prepared media.
- Sale of hamburgers: Another interesting and easy-to-prepare alternative is homemade hamburgers. You can offer them as a menu with potatoes for those who want a delicious and economical meal.
- Sale of hotdogs: A variant of the former with much demand for a good price has to do with hot dogs, tacos, flour tortillas, cakes and sandwiches.
- Preparation of fruit smoothies: Liqueurs or fruit smoothies are a delicious drink ideal for those who in the middle of the morning want something refreshing and nutritious. Easy to prepare with enough water, fruit and a couple of good blenders to prepare them. You can do it from the comfort of your home and if the business walks well, you can buy a local and offer as a main product along with other options that accompany you as sandwiches or similar.
- Italian style pasta: Pasta is my favorite food and certainly the food of many. You can focus on this product as a delicious alternative and leaves very good profit margins. You can prepare your pasta dishes and offer them in ready-made presentations, let’s say in duroport containers. For a low price anyone could have a delicious and hearty lunch to take home.
- Regional Antojitos: In all the cities there are different traditional dishes that are much appreciated and tasted by the countrymen. If the typical appetizers are your specialty, you can get very good juice preparing them to sell by order from your home.
- Typical sweets: Very similar to the previous one, the typical sweets or desserts originating in your region can be a means to make extra money by preparing them and selling them in presentations with different prices. The ingredients…. nobody will know them better than you.
- Homemade cookies: If you need some extra income and you know how to prepare delicious cookies. Then you can prepare and market them in stores and shops near your area.
- Used dishes: Throughout the year there are different celebrations that are often accompanied with dishes of occasion. If you have good taste for the kitchen, you can prepare these dishes and market them by order or order so that you can have them ready for the holidays.
In addition, you can consider other kinds of business related to food and beverages such as: breweries, coffee kiosks, professional chef services, preparation of dishes to order, etc.
Tips for making your business successful:
- Prepare a detailed and detailed business plan
- Make sure you have a budget that considers your costs
- Avoid investing in too many amounts of food to avoid losses, in this business it is better to miss and not to over
- The cleaning is fundamental, always very neat in the preparation of your food, your customers will appreciate and pay to consume in a reliable place
- Make sure you get the sanitary licenses your locality requires as well as the hacienda and mercantile records.
- Try to handle moderate prices. If you have a good budget, the margin of food will allow you to handle competitive prices
- Always, without exception works with fresh food and ingredients
- It offers door to door service and will increase your potential customers market , obviously include this cost in your budget and you can even recharge it to the customer.
- If you are considering a big business , discuss possible franchise options
- Always be sure to offer an excellent service : friendly, fast and value-added
- Always make sure your premises are clean and clean, this will provide confidence to your customers.
- Invest at least 5% of your income in advertising and promotion to make yourself known, later this may be less (up to 3%).
Finally, do not forget to keep in mind that a food business, whatever it may be, is a nice business but it requires sacrifices. Early munching, taking time to prepare food, maintaining daily cleaning and all the work that is needed after the business is closed are part of the usual activities of a food company . However, the greatest satisfaction is to see each day how your business is growing as well as your utilities.